Affiliate Program FAQ
General Program Information
- What is affiliate marketing?
- What is Back Bay Brand affiliate program? How does it work?
The Back Bay Brand Affiliate Program allows you to make money by referring customers to purchase any of Back Bay Brand’s products and online courses. You earn commission by placing links, banners, and product reviews on your website, social media accounts, video channels, or emails that direct buyers to the Back Bay Brand’s website. Each time you refer a customer to us, and that customer makes a purchase, you earn a commission. In every calendar month, you will receive your commission payments via the payment option you select on your Shareasale account.
- What is Shareasale?
Shareasale is one of the most highly awarded affiliate networks in the world. In addition to its expertise as a market leader in the affiliate industry, the company provides tracking, reporting, and real-time commission statements for our affiliate program, along with an on-time and accurate payment to its affiliate members.
- How do I get started? How do I join Back Bay Brand’s affiliate program?
- Does it cost me anything to become a Back Bay Brand affiliate?
It’s free to join our Affiliate Program. As long as you are an active affiliate, all you need to do is keep linking and collect your commissions.
- What are cookies, and why are they important?
Cookies are used to track a user’s web activity. In the event a user clicks a link on your site featuring our affiliate offer, a cookie will be placed on their computer. If the user did not register for a membership account immediately, the cookie will be used to identify that user to your affiliate account. Should they return to Back Bay Brand website and purchase our product you will receive credit for the referral.
- What is an affiliate disclosure?
Affiliates should adhere to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) instructions regarding the testimonials and reviews. An individual policy for all reviews and testimonials on products and services provided by Back Bay Brand, as well as social networks, forums, blogs, etc. must be present at the affiliate websites. According to FTC, "a connection between the endorser and the seller of the advertised product", if there’s any, must be "fully disclosed". You can read more on FTC’s ruling here.
- Are websites outside the United States eligible for the affiliate program?
Absolutely. We welcome applications to our affiliate program from most countries.
- I operate more than one website. Can I still join this affiliate program?
Yes. You're welcome to promote Back Bay Brand across all of your websites. The more links and banners you place on your websites, the more qualified sales you’re likely to send us and this should translate into a higher conversion.
- Do I receive any discounts on Back Bay Brand since I'm an affiliate?
No, you will not receive any credit when purchasing through your affiliate link.
- Is my website or blog eligible for the affiliate program?
- What are my responsibilities as a Back Bay Brand Affiliate?
You are responsible for updating creatives on your site, such as expired offers and respectably promoting Back Bay Brand. All Back Bay Brand affiliates must abide by the terms and conditions of the Program Agreement.
- Whom should I contact if I have questions about the Back Bay Brand affiliate program?
If you have any questions or concerns about the affiliate program, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
- How do I manage my account information?
You can manage all your account settings in your Shareasale Account Manager. Here you can update most of your account information, such as e-mail address, mailing and pay to address, and username/password.
- Do I earn commission on the tax and shipping costs of a product?
No. You only earn commission on the net price of the product after discounts are applied and not on the tax and shipping cost.
Setting Up Links
- After I join the affiliate program, how do I get the ads and links to put onto my site?
Find the “Get Links” column and then click the “Get a Link/Banner” link in the menu.
Select “Back Bay Brand” in the Specific Merchant box.
In the report list, click on “Get Links”
Click on any of these 3 links: Text Links // Banners // // or VIEW ALL creatives available
Find the banner, text link, or creative you want to use and click on its [Get this Banner’s HTML Code] link.
- How do I build links for specific products or pages?
- Log in on your Shareasale account, hover over the “Links” tab, and then click “Create a Custom Link”
- On the “Merchant for this link:” dropdown menu, choose Back Bay Brand
- Copy the URL of the product or the page you want to use
- Paste the URL of the product or page you want to use on the “Destination URL” excluding the http:// or https://
- Click “Create Custom Link Button” and then copy the generated affiliate link
- Where may I place these affiliate links on my site?
You should place your affiliate links where they’re easy for your visitors to find — your website’s home page, navigation bar, and any other high-traffic areas. By placing the links on easily accessed locations, visitors will be more likely to click on your links and make a purchase.
- How often should I update my links?
You should update links to our products frequently. We are constantly adding new products, so you should create new links that fit the interests of your visitors.
- What are the benefits of using video creatives?
Videos can engage better and appeal directly to the audience than the traditional banners and text links. It has the potential to convey large amounts of information while presenting a product or service in a conversation form, thus creating a sense of personalized approach. It is also able to capture a wide audience because it can grab hold of not only the eyes but also the attention and emotions of the audience. Video creatives convert better than banners and text links because of the high level of engagement and emotional involvement of the audience.
Sales and Commission
- How much can I earn?
That’s completely up to you. There is no cap on your commission earnings. We can help if you need something specific to promote Back Bay Brand your way, but your profit potential completely depends on your sales. Our standard commission rate is 10% for every sale you make.
- How do I know how much commission I’ve earned?
Simply log in to your Shareasale account to see your lifetime earnings, monthly earnings, and earnings that are to be paid out in the next month. The stats will update every hour.
- When and how do I receive my commission payment?
Commission payments come directly from Shareasale, not from Back Bay Brand. Shareasale requires that submit your W-9 first. Payments are sent out via Check or Direct Deposit.
Direct Deposit is currently available to the following countries:
- What about product returns?
If a user returns a product for a refund, or if credit card charges are reversed due to a dispute or credit card fraud, your account will be debited for any commission earned on that transaction.
- How can I monitor my sales?
- Who processes orders and handles customer service?
Back Bay Brand handles all order processing and customer service for the customers that you refer to our sites. All you must do is place links on your site.
- How will the merchant know that the orders came from my site?
All links from your site to our sites contain a unique identifier so that every time a user comes to us via your site, we know to credit you when a purchase is made.
- How often can I run reports?
You can run reports daily if you wish. Your Shareasale Account Manager is updated daily with the latest information about your site.
- What happens if I terminate my affiliate membership? If they don't surpass your payment threshold, will I be paid for my earnings?
If you terminated your affiliate membership, you would not receive any commissions on sales made after the termination date. You will be paid for your earnings before the termination date as long it reaches Shareasale’s payment threshold of $50. Unfortunately, you must reach the payment threshold to be paid for your earnings.